This paper expounds the working principle of the warp knitting machine
Warp knitting machine is composed of warp let off, loop forming mechanism, pulling and coiling units. Warp thread provides stable yarn feed for loop forming mechanism through coil head unwinding. Loop forming mechanism of needle bed completes the weaving of materials through a series of actions such as loop withdrawing, yarn padding, belt yarn, closing, and loop. The traction unit pulls the woven materials forward along with the completion of each row, while the coiling unit rolls the completed materials into a whole roll.
The main features of the warp knitting machine are as follows:
1. The machine structure is simple.
2. The let off path is short (position relationship of warp axis). "Over feeding" can be carried out.
3. Since there is no pulling machine for knitting, many horizontal warp shafts can stop yarn feeding (pleating).
4. The processing of looping parts is in front of the machine, which is very convenient for operation.
5. It can produce plush fabrics and terry fabrics. The fabric feels soft.
The knitting mechanism comprises a needle bed, a comb, a sinker bed and a pressing plate, which are generally driven by a cam or an eccentric connecting rod. Cams are often used in folding machines with low speed and complicated motion rules of looping parts. Eccentric connecting rod is widely used at high speed because of its smooth transmission, simple processing, and low wear and noise during high-speed operation.